purpose

Purpose for this blog is to express my tears, fears, joys, peace, and love for my children and my practice. As a psychotherapist and registered play therapist, I have been around children for the past decade. I love children and have since I was young, I knew I wanted to work with children as a therapist in eighth grade. I am here to admit my faults and mistakes along the way because if I have learned anything being a mom it is that I never get it right and I will never reach perfection. Everyday my children teach me something new and important about them and I vicariously learn something new about myself. They are teaching me the greatest lessons in life that I never learned in 24.5 years in school. They have taught me patience, acceptance, understanding, empathy, unconditional love, and to be spontaneous in every moment possible. So as most know I am a planner to the highest degree and an over achiever which equals perfectionist in most cases, hence the Masters of Science not being enough and going four more years for a ph.d. My children have taught me to enjoy the unplanned events because they are more fun than some that are planned, to accept the things that I cannot control or change, and to love unconditionally even when my childhood and society tell me not to. My purpose for this blog is not to make you feel under achieving, quality, or imperfect as a mother or a parent. I want to offer suggestions knowing that every child and every situation is totally different, empower positive parenting because I have parented negatively, and to encourage or educate when necessary. Playful blessings, Brooke









Comments