5 Ways to Destress Around the Holidays!

Hello and happy fall!



The holidays are upon us so get ready for the hustle and bustle. Ready or not here it comes!!!

As I sit here in NYC I am reminded of how much traveling can rejuvenate our senses-smells/tastes/sounds/touch/sights. I love getting away, I love new and different food, sight seeing, new people to interact with, new adventures, and new perspectives. Even more than all that I love to get back to my sweet home with my busy kids, my amazing hubs and my crazy life! As I reflect, I think of what really matters most back at home? What matters most is being a good wife/momma and creating a happy childhood for my 3 kiddos. Insert old saying- “Happy wife, Happy life”

So then how do I take care of myself so I can take care of them? I think of my own stressors and coping tools. Here are my 5 ways to deal with Stress:
1. Diet- Change just 1 unhealthy eating habit- maybe it’s a glass of wine or a bowl of ice cream every night when the kids go to bed. We know sugar effects mood and sleep so kick the sugar aside and replace it with a hot cup of Tea. Check out the documentary “That Sugar Film”
2. Exercise- Find a buddy or personal trainer. Evidence shows if you have a buddy you are more likely to complete work out regimen 95 % compared to 75% of those who worked out alone. Read more about it here. Without my people at the gym- I would never make it inside the doors because I would make up 1 million excuses.
3. Sleep- rest is imperative to mood and emotional regulation for all ages. So rest long and rest peacefully. Add a heated blanket or a weighted blanket to your night regimen. Try to unplug 30 minutes before you hope to fall asleep. If your still having a hard time sleeping I love a hot cup of Sleepy Time tea and 2 Olly restful sleep gummies with Melatonin, L-Theanine, & Botanicals. Lastly diffuse Lavender in your room to rest well.
4. Essential oils- my two favorite to diffuse are lavender and stress away by YoungLiving for stress. Parents with restless kiddos can diffuse lavender in their room at night.
5. Supplements- sometimes our diets are deficient in certain things that can boost our mood. Ask your doctor for blood work to determine if you are low in essential vitamins

I am so encouraged by others, let me know how you destress and cope healthier with stress hopecentertexas@yahoo.com

Happy Fall,

Brooke

Comments