Meet Dr. West's Team:

                                           Morgan Myers, M.S., LPC-Intern

Morgan completed her Master’s of Science degree at Texas A&M University- Commerce in 2016. She gained experience at Dallas Life Homeless Shelter and HOPE while in practicum and internship. Morgan specializes in postpartum women's group, social skills group, and individual therapy. Her passion for helping children stems from being a caring mom and loving wife. 

                                          Kimberly Stoll, M.A., LPC-Intern
Kimberly completed her Masters degree in Biblical Counseling at Dallas Theological Seminary with a focus on play therapy. She worked at Children's Medical Center with impatient children and adolescents in Psychiatric crisis. She also completed her internship at Dallas Life Homeless Shelter. Kimberly is currently employed at His Story where she specializes in play therapy with children and moms who have a history of domestic violence.


                                           Kyleigh Johnson, M.S., LPC-Intern
 Kyleigh completed her Masters of Science from Southern Methodist University and specializes in childhood trauma and abuse. She completed an internship at Dallas Children's Advocacy Center where she offered play therapy and led parent groups to victims of child abuse and their parents. She specializes in play therapy, trauma interventions with young children, and parenting groups. 
                                                Brooke West Ph.D., LPC-S, RPT-S, 
                            Director of HOPE Child & Family Center of Texas
Hi My name is Brooke West, I am a Licensed Professional Counselor- Supervisor in the state of Texas. I am also a Registered Play Therapy Supervisor and am a member of the Association of Play Therapy.  I received my Master's of Science degree in Counseling from the University of North Texas in 2005 and completed my Doctorate in Counseling with a specialty in Play Therapy at the University of North Texas in 2010.  For a decade, I have worked as a therapist in the following areas: crisis counseling, inpatient psychiatric counseling at Greenoaks Hospital, agency counseling, and private practice.  I most recently served as Clinical Testing Associate at Dallas Children’s Advocacy for the past three years. I am currently seeing children starting at 2 years old, preteens, adolescents, and adults in my private practice, HOPE Child and Family Center of Texas,PLLC, located in North Dallas on Midway. I serve University Park, Highland Park, North Dallas, and Plano families. I have very flexible hours and weekend appointments available. I was an adjunct professor at Texas A & M Commerce, teaching intro to counseling and internship for Master’s level students. I have years of experience running teen groups, social skills groups, and coping skills groups. My passion is to nurture relationships, help others through difficult times, and support self-growth. I have presented at several conferences on various topics including; filial therapy with non-offending caregivers of children who were sexually abused, dealing with difficult clients, group therapy with difficult clients, and play therapy with traumatized children. I have experience treating clients with several diagnosis including ADHD, Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Eating disorders, Conduct disorders, Selective Mutism, Trauma, Divorce issues,  learning disabilities and PTSD. I have experience running intensive  psychoeducational groups, parenting groups, and therapeutic groups with victims of sexual abuse. My specialty is play therapy with traumatized children who have suffered emotional/physical/neglect/ or sexual abuse, loss and grief of loved one(s), or witnessed a traumatic event. I also enjoy working with children and adolescents struggling with self-esteem issues, bullying, grief, mood disorders, abuse, and adoption. 
Our Team at HOPE is passionate about providing hope and healing to families, children and parents. 

Purpose for this blog is to express my tears, fears, joys, peace, and love for my 3 children and my practice. As a psychotherapist and registered play therapist, I have been around children for the past decade. I love children and have since I was young, I knew I wanted to work with children as a therapist in eighth grade. I am here to admit my faults and mistakes along the way because if I have learned anything from being a mom - it is that I never get it right and I will never reach perfection. Everyday my children teach me something -new and important about them. I vicariously learn something new about myself. They are teaching me the greatest lessons in life that I never learned in 24.5 years in school. They have taught me patience, acceptance, understanding, empathy, unconditional love, and to be spontaneous in every moment possible. So as most know I am a planner to the highest degree and an over achiever which equals perfectionist in most cases, hence the Masters of Science not being enough and going four and a half more years for a Ph.D. My children have taught me to enjoy the unplanned events because they are more fun than some that are planned, to accept the things that I cannot control or change, and to love unconditionally even when my childhood and society tell me not to. My purpose for this blog is not to make you feel under achieving, quality, or imperfect as a mother or a parent. I want to offer new thinking/lessons I’ve learned from my 3/suggestions knowing that every child and every situation is totally different, empower positive parenting because I have parented negatively, and to encourage or educate when necessary. Playful blessings, Brooke

Comments